New Slab Lifting Technology
The traditional methods to solve the subsidence of buildings, foundations and other infrastructure has been with cement-based materials can lead to varying results and may not solve the root cause, finally the problem can re-occur. Cormix supplies a range of solutions for soil stabilization and slab lifting based on the latest polyurethane technology.
WHAT IS CORMIX SLAB LIFTING?
Slab lifting is the process whereby sunken concrete slabs or structures are lifted back to level with precision. Traditional methods use cement grouts (Slab Jacking) with varying degrees of success often resulting in less than accurate lifts, considerable disruption, mess and longer term failures.
Today the alternative is lifting slabs or structures with rigid, high strength structural, non-shrink, non-disruptive, lightweight, environmentally friendly polyurethane foams Contite Slab Lift in combination with other polyurethane foams and gels used to grout various soil conditions stabilizing the soil.
Changing soil conditions via such processes as erosion, ground water movement, water extraction, decomposition and freeze thaw may lead to foundation damage or failure. Cormix provides a range of soil stabilization solutions to inject into the soil strengthening and binding it to provide a watertight solid base.
The types of grouting/injection can be divided into a number of main areas:
ADVANTAGE OF SLAB LIFTING
- No mess
- No shrinkage
- Long term stable
- Quick and non disruptive to working environment
- Stabilizes surrounding soils
- Stops washout
- Environmentally friendly
- High strength not brittle
COMPARISON WITH MUD JACKING
Cormix chemical grouting systems provide many advantages over cement based mud jacking. Below are some of the advantages:
- Very fast and non-disruptive
- Non invasive
- Limited damage and disruption
- Less weight
- Permanent results
- Lower cost
- No environmental impact
WHAT IT IS AND DOES?
- A polyurethane structural foam.
- Inject expanding polymer.
- Deep Injection through tubes up to 8 m deep.
- Constantly monitored.
- Compacts weak soil zones.
- Voids are filled.
- Lifts & realigns.
- Base soil strengthened.
- Restores load bearing capacity.
- High Density hydro polymer.
HOW DOES CONTITE SLAB LIFT WORK?
- Contite Slab Lift is a two component structure polyurethane foam for concrete slab lifting and soil stabilisation.
- Contite Slab Lift may be used for concrete slab lifting & soil stabilization by improving load bearing capacity of loose soils, filling of large voids, cracks and crevices.
- Contite Slab Lift is injected into the ground to the required depth restoring load bearing capacity, densifying and strengthening soils with rigid high strength foams thatdisplace or react away water, compacting soil before finally lifting the structure or pavement back to alignment on a sound base.
CORMIX SLAB LIFTING IS LONG TERM SOLUTION
Cormix soil stabilization and slab lifting grouts provide long term solutions and advantages that are controlled these include:
- Soil compaction and stabilization.
- Control or stopping of water movement
- Large void and cavity filling with rigid foam
- Slab lifting to tight tolerances
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF THE CONTITE SLAB LIFT METHOD
- Zero excavation
- Densifies and strengthens soils
- Displaces water, increase soil density
- Environmentally friendly
- Non-destructive – lower time, Less noise
- Keeps important assets in service, minimal interruption of operations
- Fast reaction, high strength for loads
- Water movement halted
- Enhances Underground structures
Stabilizing & sealing operation in one
- Warehouse / Distribution Center / Depot / Container Terminal
- Heavy equipment foundation, factory floor
- Highway Pavement
- Bridge Approach
- Taxiway / Runway
- Railway Foundation
- Sealing Manholes
- Sea walls
STEP APPLICATION: Slab Lifting
Resin injection method used to lift sunken concrete slab to the original level.
SLAB LIFT: METHOD
- Drill a hole in the sunken slab (or) soil / ground surface & fix packer. Multiple holes can be drilled at 30 cm intervals, if the surface area of sunken slab is large.
- Connect the injection head to the packer.
- Open valves for Part A and Part B and start the injection.
- The injection should be continued until the water flow stops, slab is lifted sufficiently or until the premeasured amount of product has been injected in each packer.
- Close the valve and disconnect the packers from the mixing head.
- Continue and repeat the injection steps with adjacent packer.
- When the injection has finished, clean and rinse all equipment with Contite PU Purge.